Paro is a historic town with many sacred sites and historical buildings scattered through the area. In addition, the Paro Valley is wide and verdant and is recognized a one of the most beautiful in all Bhutan. Thimphu Valley has supported small settlements for many centuries and a dzong has existed there since 1216.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Dechen Hill Resort
- Pickup and Drop in Air port
- Sightseeing & transportation
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrives In Paro International Airport.
- On arrival you will be greeted by our representatives and transfer to your hotel.
- Paro Dzong (Fortress)
- In the afternoon you will get to visit the great edifice (Paro Dzong) which was constructed in the year 1644 for religious institution, government offices. You will also visit the National museum (watch tower for the Dzong). Now it is a house for the collection of fine arts, paintings, thankas and antiques.
Things to see and do
National Museum of Bhutan is a cultural museum in the town of Paro in western Bhutan. Established in 1968, in the renovated ancient Ta-dzong building, above Rinpung Dzong ...
Day 2: Taktshang Hike (tiger’s Nest)
- Morning after breakfast we will begin with a hike up to view one of the most important monuments in Bhutan, the Taktshang monastery referred as the ‘Tiger Nest’. It is located 900m above the valley floor perched on a cliff.
- It will take five to six hours to reach back to the plains. It is very much enjoyable walk through the woods up and down and sometimes adventurous.
- We will also lead you to 7th century Kyichu Lhakhang one of the 108 temples built in the Himalayas by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo. The building of this temple marks the introduction of Buddhism in Bhutan.
- In the evening we will drive you to Thimphu, 1 hour drive. On arrival in Thimphu check into the hotel. A stroll around town before dinner and this will provide you an excellent opportunity to mingle with local people.
Things to see and do
Taktsang Monastery, (Tiger's Nest). Precariously perched on the edge of a 1,200 meter cliff, this monastery creates an impressive sight, and is the unofficial symbol of Bhutan...
Day 3: Thimphu Sightseeing
- In the morning after breakfast we will take you to Thimphu (capital city of Bhutan). It takes approximately one and half hours drive following the two rivers; pa chhu and wang chhu.
- Thimphu city is a home to our royal families, head offices for ministries, agencies, pvt. firms. It is also the most populated place in the kingdom.
- Thimphu Dzong (Fortress)
- On reaching to Thimphu you will be taken to your hotel and explore Thimphu city. After lunch visit to Tashichhoe Dzong: summer residence of the chief abbot and the central monk body and also the main secretariat building which houses the throne room of His Majesty the King.
- Memorial Chorten
- Visit to National Memorial chorten which was originally envisaged by Bhutan’s third king His Majesty Jigme Dorji Wangchuck as a monument to world peace and prosperity.
- Buddha Point
- In the evening we will drive you to kuenselphodrang to view the worlds largest and the tallest statue of Lord Buddha. The 169-feet bronze statue symbolizes indestructibility. Back to the city we will lead you to explore some cottage industries and shopping mall.
Travel from Paro to Thimphu
Day 4: Departure Paro
Dechen Hill Resort
Dechen, Paro, Bhutan, Paro
Hotel Taktsang (3 star)
Chang Lam, Thimphu, Thimphu
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.