The “Chadar Trek” is one of the biggest adventures on the face of earth. . Alongwith being an adventurous trek, it also deep-dives into the culture of the remote Zanskaris. The remoteness of the region, timing of the trek and harsh climatic conditions make it one of the toughest treks on earth.
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Leh||4 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||All Meals|
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrive In Leh.
Arrive in Leh airport where you would be greeted by RLT representative and transferred to your hotel. Today, we would spend the day in the room itself to acclimatize to the high altitude. This is absolutely necessary and is most important for the days ahead. You may also do your last minute shopping in Leh. Overnight in the hotel.
Day 2: Leh – Chilling – Tilat Sumdo
Sumdo Post breakfast, we take a beautiful drive through the beautiful scenery with your first views of the Indus river and later the Zanskar river at their confluence at Nimoo. From Nimoo you follow the Zanskar to the roadhead at Tilat Do. From here we cross the Zanskar and depending on the time available we camp on the other side of the river or we continue ahead a bit before setting up camp for the night. Overnight in camps
Day 3: Tilat Sumdo - Shingra
We begin the day at 7:00 am with a cup of hot tea. After breakfast, we set off on the “Chadar” which will be our routine for the rest of the trek. Today, we will trek close to 10-12 kms depending on the fitness of the group. Though our objective would be to get to Shingra we could camp earlier also in case the going gets tough during the day. This is something that we would follow all through the trek where we would keep the itinerary flexible to accommodate the group depending on fitness levels. Overnight in trekking tents.
Day 4: Shingra – Tilat Sumdo - Leh
Today is the last trek day as we trek back towards Tilat Do. Here we cross the frozen Zanskar for the last time and then board our vehicles to drive back to Leh. Once in Leh, we check into our hotel and have a relaxing hot water bath and relive the memories of this wonderful trek. Overnight in the hotel
Day 5: Early Morning Flight From Leh.
You depart from Leh having a newfound respect for the Zanskaries who brave all odds. You board the flight with cherished memories of Chadar Trek.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.