Synonymous with elephants, misty hills and plantations, Thekkady in Idukki District captures the essence of all that is wild and wonderful. The most prestigious region on the high ranges of the Western Ghats, the Periyar Tiger Reserve is located on the Cardamom Hills of Thekkady. The Periyar Tiger Trail is a unique program launched by the forest department to provide a unique opportunity for visitors to explore the wildlife deep into the forest.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
- Accommodation in Tree House
- Airport or railway station transfers
- Taxes, toll and parking chages
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Cochin And Transfer To Thekkady
- Welcome on arrival and drive to Thekkady. Check into hotel and day free to relax and enjoy the day in Tree house. The very sound of the word Thekkady conjures up images of elephants, unending chains of hills and spice scented plantations. The Periyar forest of Thekkady is one of the finest wildlife reserves in India. Spread across the entire district is picturesque plantations and hill towns that hold great opportunities for treks and mountain walks.
- Periyar wildlife sanctuary has a picturesque lake at the heart of the sanctuary. Formed with the building of a dam in 1895, this reservoir meanders around the contours of the wooded hills, providing a permanent source of water for the local wildlife. Though it’s a Tiger Reserve, tourists come here to view the Indian elephants in the act of ablution and playfulness by the Periyar Lake. Stay overnight in Thekkady.
Things to see and do
Periyar Lake is an intrinsic part of the socio-cultural landscape and hence, offers an insightful peek into life, as it exists in Thekkady .
South India's most popular wildlife sanctuary, Periyar encompasses 777 sq km and a 26-sq-km artificial lake created by the British in 1895. The vast region is home to bison, ...
Day 2: In Thekkady
Things to see and do
Day 3: Thekkady To Cochin Drop
Aranya (Standard Category)
Indeevaram( Premium Pool Suite without Warm Pool)
Indraprastham ( Presidential Pool Suite with Warm Pool)
Rithika (Honeymoon Villa with Plunge Pool)
Vanya (Forest Tree House)
Amaravathy (Premium Suite)
Kanana (Deluxe Category)
Presidential Villa (Private Pool)
Greenwoods Resort (4 star)
NH 220, Munnar-Kumily Highway, Kumily - 685509, Thekkady
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.