Merida is the capital of the Mexican state of Yucatan and largest city of the Yucatan Peninsula. It is located in the northwest part of the state, about 35 kilometres from the Gulf of Mexico coast.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Cancun - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Holiday Inn Merida Mexico
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Transportation in VAN (10 seats) or microbus or autobus with sound system and air conditioning.
- English –Italian or English-French or Englih-Spanish speaking Escort guide for the whole trip.
- Entry to the archaeological sites and museums mentioned in the program.
- Porter services in airports and hotels.
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 01 : Cancun / Chichen Itza / Merida
- Transfer to the hotel in Cancun where the tour leaves for Merida; then visit the Chichen Itza archaeological site. Chichen Itza was the Mayan capital of Yucatan that flourished between the 5th
- and 10th centuries AD. Visitors can admire the impressive buildings of the northern and central
- archaeological sites, such as the Kukulcán Temple, the Ball Game, the Observatory, the Warrior’s
- Temple, the Convent of the Nuns and the Sacred Cenote.
- Lunch in restaurant. The trip to Mérida continues in the afternoon, followed by a panoramic visit to
- the city known as the “White City”, which has Colonial houses as well as houses that date back to the
- beginning of the century in the Arabic, French and Italian styles. Those houses have witnessed all the
- old wealth that was generated thanks to the sisal culture.
- Stop at Mérida’s Zócalo, where visitors can admire the city’s main monuments, such as: the Cathedral,
- the Government’s Palace, the Municipal Palace and the Francisco Montejo’s House Check-in at the
- Holiday Inn or similar accommodation.
Day 02 : Merida / Uxmal / Merida
- Visit of the Uxmal archaeological site. Uxmal means “built in three stages”, and it is a typical example
- of the classic and post-classic Mayan period. Uxmal’s main constructions are: Pirámide del Adivino
- (The Fortuneteller’s Pyramid), Palacio de los Gobernadores (Governor’s Palace) and the Cuadrángulo
- de las Monjas (Quadrangle of the Nuns). Lunch in restaurant in Uxmal. Return to Mérida in the
- afternoon. Accommodation.
Day 03 : Merida / Ekbalam / Coba / Cancun
- Departure to Cancun; during the trip, visit to the Ekbalam archaeological site. Ekbalam is a Mayan
- word that means “Black Jaguar”, and this site was built during the years 700 to 1000 AD. Visitors can
- admire the Plaza Central that stands out thanks to its three ceremonial sculptures; the main pyramid
- is known as “La Torre” (The Tower) and is comparable in size to the outstanding Mayan constructions
- of the southeast Yucatan. After the visit the tour continues to Coba. Lunch in a restaurant; in the
- afternoon visit of the archeological site of Coba, which was not discovered and consequently not
- predated by the Spanish. The site hosts the tallest Mayan pyramids of Mexico: the “Nohoch Mul”.
- After that, departure towards Cancun, where the tour will arrive after approximately 2 hours. Arrival
- in Cancun and transfer to the chosen hotel.
Two Double Beds, Smoking
Two Double Beds, Non-Smoking
One King Bed, Smoking
One King Bed, Non-Smoking
Holiday Inn Merida Mexico (3 star)
Av. Colon 498 x 60 and Paseo Montejo, Merida
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.