Dalhousie is full of old world charm and holds lingering echos of the Raj era. Dalhousie has charming colonial architecture, including some beautiful churches. Its location presents panoramic views of the plains and like a long silver line, the river Ravi twists and turns below Dalhousie. The variety Dharamsala offers for sightseeing ranges from temples, churches and monasteries to museums, ancient towns and places of natural beauty.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Anand Palace
- All transfers by Ac Indigo or Similar car
- Sightseeing as per the itinerary
- All applicable taxes
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Chandigarh & Proceed To Dalhousie (320 Kms/approx 6.5 Hrs)
- Welcome at Chandigarh airport/railway station & proceed to Dalhousie. This small hill station, located in the northern side of Himachal Pradesh, is named after the British Governor-General, Lord Dalhousie. Located at an elevation of 2700 m above the sea level, this place offer sensational views of the surroundings.
- On arrival check in at hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 2: Dalhousie - Khajjiar - Dalhousie
- After breakfast, proceed to Khajjiar often called India's Switzerland. Its one of the most scenic saucer shaped Plateau and is surrounded by dense pine and deodar forests. The exquisite glade of Khajjiar (1960m) has a circumference of about 5 km. Along its fringes, thick forests of deodar climb the slopes, the snow-line rests above these woods. At Khajjiar there is a 12th century temple dedicated to KhajjI Nag. Within the temple are life size wooden images of the five Pandav brothers. It’s beauty has further been enhanced by a small lake in the center with a floating island and 9-hole golf course here are the other interesting places to cover.
- By evening return to Dalhousie for an overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 3: Dalhousie To Dharamshala (120 Kms/approx 3.5 Hrs)
- After breakfast, check-out from the hotel and drive to Dharamshala. This city, surrounded by dense coniferous forests from all sides, is located in the Kangra Valley. A walk in the lush green surroundings of this valley offers a delightful experience.
- On arrival, check-in at the hotel & evening free for leisure.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Travel from Dalhousie to Dharamshala
Day 4: Dharamshala Sightseeing
- After breakfast, embark on a sightseeing visit to the famous Tibetan Medical Centre, where treatment is done using rare Tibetan medicines.
- St. John Church, which is one of the oldest churches of this region. It is widely acknowledged for its Belgian stained-glass windows, which were donated by Lady Elgin.
- Other than these attractions, some other places to visit include Kangra Art Museum, Tea Gardens and Kunal Pathri Temple.
- Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 5: Departure (260 Kms/approx 6 Hrs)
The Mall, Court Road, ( Near Punjab National Bank Dalhousie) Dalhousie, District Chamba, 176304, Dalhousie
Hotel Anand Palace (3 star)
Bhagsunag, Mcleodganj, Upper, Dharamshala
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.