Darjeeling continues to be a popular holiday destination in India, owing to its scenic beauty and pleasant climate. Darjeeling, also fondly known as the "Queen of hill stations", is nestled in the Himalayas and is famous for its tea production and the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Darjeeling||3 night(s)||Room only|
- Return airport transfer from NJP railway station or Bagdogra Airport by non AC vehicle
- All transfers and sightseeings by non AC vehicle as per itinerary
- Inter-City transfer & Sightseeing by Non A/C Vehicle
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Bagdogra/njp - Darjeeling 93 Kms / 3 Hours Approx.
- Assistance at the airport/railway station on arrival and drive to Darjeeling. DARJEELING:
- Standing high in the Himalayas at an altitude of 2134m, ‘Dorje Ling’, or place of the Thunderbolt, offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountain peaks, with the Kanchendzonga rising higher than all the others. Often referred to as the “Queen of the Hills”, it remains just as alluring with its tiny waterfalls, little villages and a narrow gauge railway track. Surrounded by World Famous Tea Gardens and snow capped mountains, Darjeeling remains one of the most exotic destinations. Graeme Westlake in his book ‘An introduction to hill stations on India’ refers to Darjeeling as having “A view Scarcely Unrivalled on Earth”. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Darjeeling
- Early morning visit Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and Himalayan Range like Kanchandzonga, Mount Everest etc. One can see the horizon changing colors just before sunrise and then the entire Himalayan range turn golden. It is truly a majestic sight and Ghoom Monastery which is oldest Monastery in the area which was built in 1875 and one can see the image of Mythey Buddha 15ft. height on the way back from Tiger Hill.
- Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for city tour visiting Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(closed on Thursday) which was started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest, Zoological Park(closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre(closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock and Happy Valley Tea Estate(from outside).Overnight at hotel.
Things to see and do
Tiger Hill is famous for its panoramic view of Mount Everest and Mt. Kangchenjunga together.The first rays of the sun shoot ahead and shed light on the twin peaks of ...
Ghoom Monastery is also known as Yogachoeling Gompa. It is located in a place called Ghoom in Darjeeling, hence the name Ghoom Gompa. It was in the year 1875 that a Mongolian ...
The HMI is one of the oldest mountaineering institutes of the country and has played a pivotal role in training mountaineers across the country. The institute is situated on ...
This complex was setup by the Tibetan refugees in Darjeeling on October 2, 1959 after they followed Dalai Lama and escaped from Tibet. The refugees adopted the principle of ...
Day 03: Darjeeling
- Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for excursion to Mirik Lake.
- Mirik Lake: It is newly started hill station in West Bengal and situated 48 kms west of Darjeeling near Nepal border with a facility of boating at Mirik lake which is 1.25 kms long, it is a semi-artificial lake. Drive from Darjeeling to Mirik is via natural forest & tea garden. The main tourist area, Krishna-Nagar, is south of the lake. A 10 minute walk takes you to Bokar Gompa, home to Mahayana monks. One can catch the sunrise and sunset from Rameetay Dara. Overnight at hotel
Things to see and do
Day 04: Darjeeling – Bagdogra/njp
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.