Vembanad (Vembanad Kayal or Vembanad Kol) is the longest lake in India and the largest lake in the state of Kerala. It is also counted as one of the largest lakes in India. A lake spanning several districts in the state of Kerala, it is known by different names in different localities viz. Punnamada Lake in Kuttanad, Kochi Lake in Kochi. The Port of Kochi is located around two islands (the Willingdon Island and Vallarpadam) in a portion of this lake known as the Kochi Lake.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Kochi - Luxury Sedan
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Vembanad Island||2 night(s)||
The Oberoi Motor Vessel Vrinda
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Sightseeing excursion with a guide and evening entertainment
- Transportation from Cochin airport to the Vembanad Lake jetty and back
- All applicable taxes
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 01 : Arrival
- Once all guests are on board, Vrinda sets sail along the main waterway on Vembanad Lake and enters the Alleppey canal. Guest could actively participate with the local fishermen and understand the life cycle of “karimeen” also called as “pearl spot”. Lunch will be served on board.
- The cruiser sails along the scenic waterways for four hours and returns to the Vembanad Lake in time to watch the sunset.
- Later in the evening, guests enjoy a performance of the highly ritualized “Kathakali” dance which tells stories from the ancient Hindu epics - Ramayana and Mahabarata. Performances begin with the application of elaborate makeup which is based in traditional Ayurvedic principles.
- The vessel will anchor for the night at the Vembanad Lake jetty. Dinner on board.
Day 02 : On Board Vrinda With A Rice Boat Excursion
- Motor Vessel Vrinda will sail from the Vembanad Lake jetty and head south, towards Alleppey. Breakfast will be served on board.
- Sailing through scenic backwaters, guests can observe life along these “water highways” while passing through one of the few areas in the world where farming is done below sea level. Guests will be transferred to a traditional rice boat to navigate through the narrower sections of the backwaters. For the next few hours, guests will observe and experience a way of life unique to this region, accompanied by a guide. This section of the cruise includes a visit to the half-statue of Lord Buddha at Karumadi and a traditional Kerala tharavad (family residence). Later in the day, guests return to Motor Vessel Vrinda where lunch will be served as the boat passes through picturesque stretches of the backwaters on the way back to Alleppey, known as the “Venice of the East”. Motor Vessel Vrinda will return to Vembanad Lake, where guests can enjoy Vrinda Vadiyam a musical fusion of classical instruments. Motor Vessel Vrinda will anchor for the night at the Vembanad Lake jetty. Dinner on board.
Day 3: Departure
Motor Vessel Vrinda will sail North along the main waterway channel on the Vembanad Lake and head South, past Pallathurathy. Breakfast will be served on board : following which guests will check out at 10 AM and will be transported by air-conditioned vehicle back to Cochin.
The Oberoi Motor Vessel Vrinda (4 star)
Vembanad Island, Vembanad Island
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.