Close to Leh this peak is better known as Matho Kangri, Matho being the Village below it. We start our trek to Matho West from Martselang near Hemis monastery and finish the trek at Stok Village after Climbing the Summit.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Leh - Non AC vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Leh||5 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- Stool, Table and mattresses.
- Cook, helper and Mountaineering guide.
- Innerline permit, wild life fees and camping charges.
- Indian Mountaineering Climbing charges.
- Climbing Equipments i.e Rope, Ice Axe and Crampon.
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Leh To Martselang To Chogdo
After breakfast drive to Martselang and start trekking to Chogdo. Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 2: Chogdo To Gyuncho La (4600 Meters) Return Back To Base Camp
From now on, we will follow a new and rarely traveled route through the valleys to the east of our objective. We turn towards the west into a tributary valley that leads after a long and gradual ascent to the Gyuncho La. From the pass we walk towards south to the base of Matho West. Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 3: Base Camp To Matho West Summit
Early morning start Climbing Matho from South to North. It is little easy ascent to the Summit from where you can have wonderful view of surrounding Peaks, valleys and Karakoram range. Walk back to Camp and overnight stay.
Day 4: Base Camp To Shang La Later Proceed To Matho Phu
We will cross many spurs and minor passes with occasional views Northwards, towards the Indus Valley and the peaks beyond. We climb up to the Shang La and then descend to the Tokpo River. Afterwards we will trek downhill to a nice camping place.
Day 5: Matho Phu To Matho La Later Proceed To Mankarmo
At the pass, colorful prayer flags flap in the wind, with the Zanskari range in the background. Afterwards, we descend steadily along the Jingchan River. We get great views towards the Stock summit and the Stock Kangri (6121meter). Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 6: Mankarmo To Stok To Leh
Morning after the breakfast walk down to Stok and drive to Leh.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.