Guwahati and its environs are rich in wildlife with several rare mammals such as Asian elephants, python, tiger and primates. Cherrapunji is the only place in India that experiences monsoon season throughout the year. Shillong has long been a favoured popular tourist destination given its natural beauty and pleasant weather and there are many places of interest here.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok
|Langkawet||2 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
The Habitat Shillong
- Return transfer to Guwahati Airport / Railway Station by Non AC Vehicle
- All applicable transfers & sightseeing as per the itinerary, (vehicle will not be on disposal).
- English speaking escort throughout the tour
- Bottle of mineral water per person per day
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival At Guwahati
Day 02: Guwahati – Langkawet
- After breakfast check out and drive approximately 25 kms and visit Museum of Vintage Auto and Antique Collectibles (last portion of the road about ½ km is uneven and in case of heavy rain the guest might have to walk for ½ km). After spending approximately one hour drive to Langkawet (150 kms/ 4 ½ hrs drive approx).
- Khasi cultural tour: This full day tour takes one to the cultural and historical hotspots such as Smit, the capital of the kingdom of Khyrim and Lyngkyrdem. Visit the Ieng Sad Syiem or the High Priestess’s Palace at Smit, who is the custodian of the religious rituals and customs in the kingdom of Khyrim and gain an understanding of the little known rites and their significance. Know of the practice of the matrilineal system as well as the origins of the tribe of the Khasis. Thereafter, visit Langkyrdem, the erstwhile capital of the kingdom of Khyrim, a place steeped in khasi history. An hours hike from Langkyrdem along the King's Path brings one back to the camp site at Langkawet. Lunch will be arranged at a local eatery. Over night in Langkhawet.
Day 03: Mawlynnong Hiking Tour.
Day 04: Langkawet - Cherrapunjee – Shillong
Things to see and do
Elephant Falls. It is in Upper Shillong area which also houses the Eastern Air Command of Indian Airforce. The scenic fall is not continuous and more of collection of smaller ...
seven sisters falls or the Nohsngithiang Falls Known for being one of the tallest waterfalls in Norway, which consists of seven different streams, one of them falling from a...
Day 05: Guwahati Airport Drop
Hotel Brahmaputra Ashok (3 star)
M.G. Road, Opp. High Court, Guwahati, Assam 781001, Guwahati
The Habitat Shillong (3 star)
The Asian Confluence, Lady Veronica Lane, Laitumkhra - 793003, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.