This is a lovely peak on a long ridge running south from Korzok village on the shores of the Tso Moriri lake. In July and August the entire Korzok valley is green with wild flowers giving the peak its name. Mentok in Tibetan and Ladakhi means 'flower'. In some old maps this peak has been named Mata.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Leh - Non AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Tso Moriri||4 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent
- Stool, Table and mattresses
- Cook, helper and Mountaineering guide
- Inner line permit, wild life fees and camping charges
- Indian Mountaineering Climbing charges
- Climbing equipments i.e Rope, Ice Axe and Crampon
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Leh To Tsomoriri
After an early breakfast, a jeep will drop you at Korzok, which is 225 km from Leh it is the head quarter of the area. Korzok village is on the bank of the lake and the Korzok monastery stands mightily overlooking the village and lake. You will reach there in the afternoon and overnight stay at Tsomoriri (4450 meter).
Day 2: Tsomoriri To Base Camp
The days trek starts early in the morning along the trail that first enter into the Korzok Phu Valley, then starts ascending up the slope among some of the herbal flowers whose color and the fragrance filled the valley. Then as we go around toward the back of the peak, some rocky path makes difficult for the horses. The base camp of the peak is quite windy and camping area is rocky too.
Day 3: Base Camp To Mentok Kangri
The trek starts at around 02:00 AM after having breakfast and then start ascending towards Mentok Kangri. To climb up along that scary slope of adjacent peak, probably above 6250 meters is technical and quite tough. But be sure that you should summit the peaks before sunrise. When you are at the top of the much-anticipated peak, it offers spectacular view of Mount Kharlung at the other side, Mount Chamser and Mount Lungser with all those beautiful Meadowy valleys and blue lake all lying beneath. After enjoying the view, slowly and steadily get down towards base camp before getting too late.
Day 4: Rest And Explore Around The Lake
The day is rest to explore around the Lake and village. Tsomoriri Lake is famous for its clear blue lake with the nomadic families settled around the lake. The local people consider the lake sacred. This lake is the breeding ground for numerous species of bird like Bar Headed Goose, great Crested Grebe, the Brahmin duck etc. Then visit the Korzok monastery before you leave this memorable trek.
Day 5: Tsomoriri To Tsokar Later Back To Leh
Early in the morning, the jeep will pick you up and drive on to Polokkonka pass (13500 feet) and visit Tsokar (a small Lake). The place is famous for wild Asses and the nomadic settlements. From there, short drive brings you on national highway route (Leh-Manali). Continue driving towards Leh via Taklang pass (5350 meters, the second highest motor able pass in the world. Arrive Leh in the evening.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.