Merida is the capital city of the state of Yucatan. Known as "White City" because of the large use of white limestone and white paint this traditional city depicts much of the splendor of Colonial Mexico. This is by no means to say that Merida still exists in a time warp and the contrary could be said. There is old and new exhibited in everything from fashion to architecture.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Merida - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Flamingo Cancun Resort
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- All transfers, visits and excursions on regular basis
- Local English-speaking guides are included on the tours
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrive Merida
Arrival at Merida. Reception at the Airport. Transfer to your Hotel. Rest of the day at leisure.
Day 2: Merida (tour Uxmal And Kabah)
- After breakfast, full day tour to visit Uxmal and Kabah archeological areas. First we will visit Uxmal ruins, one of the
- most popular ancient mayan cities. Here the guide will explain in depth the Puuc architect style of buildings such as the Nun's Quadrangle, the Ball court, the Turtle House and the Governor
- Palace. This Puuc style stand as a highly decorative and detailed one. It own its name to the Puuc hills located in the
- region. The Governor Palace is the most famous structure in Uxmal because it is the best example of the Puuc Style.
- It had been renowed as the most beautiful building in Mesoamerica
- After our Uxmal tour you will explore the archeological site of Kabah, Mayan name wich means “lord of a strong
- hand”. Kabah is linked to Uxmal by a “sacbeh" or white road used for ceremonial purposes. Kabah is one of the stops
- of the Puuc Route and here you can find many structures with carved masks of the God Chaac, the important god of
- rain for the Mayans. Due to the absence of cenotes in this region Mayans had to build their own cisterns and prayed
- for rain to his God.
- Your last stop before you return to Merida will be a restaurant for a delicious regional meal.
Day 3: Merida To Cancun
- Breakfast at hotel. Today we will pick you up early in the morning and drive 1.5 hrs southeast of the city of Merida to the ruins
- of the ancient Mayan city of Chichen Itza. The visit will be leaded by an expert and knowledgeable guide, who will explain in detail about the beautiful architecture of the buildings and the way of living of the Mayan people. Explore the main buildings of this ceremonial city standing as the masterpiece the Pyramid of Kukulkan, the largest and most important ceremonial building in the ancient city.
- Walk over a "Sac beh" or white path used for ceremonial purposes to get to the Sacred Cenote, used for the worship of Chaac, the Mayan god of rain. This cenote was also considered by the Mayans as an entrance to the underworld.
- In Chichen Itza you will also visit the Temple of the Thousand Columns, The Observatory, The Ball Court, other not at
- all less important buildings.
- Then and after a long walk through the majestic Mayan city and new wonder of the world, you will enjoy a delicious
- Yucatecan food. After lunch we will transfer you to Cancun. Overnight at hotel.
Travel from Merida to Cancun
Day 4: Cancun
Warm white powdery sand beaches and turquoise crystal clear waters together with the famous Mexican hospitality make this a place like no other. Enjoy full day at leisure.
Day 5: In Cancun Leisure
Day at leisure.
Day 6: Cancun - End Of The Tour
Breakfast at hotel. Check out and transfer to the airport.
Los Aluxes (5 star)
Calle 60, No 444, Merida
Flamingo Cancun Resort (3 star)
Blvd. Kukulcan Km. 11, Cancun
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.