Meghalaya is a small state in northeastern India. The word "Meghalaya" literally means "The Abode of Clouds" in Sanskrit. The name aptly describes the climatic phenomenon that brings torrential rain to its hills and forests, these same hills and mountains which are responsible for this climatic experience as they force rain clouds coming in from the Bay of Bengal to move up - resulting in heavy rain.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Guwahati - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Centre Point
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- All transfers and sightseeing using 01 AC Innova inclusive of fuel and driver’s allowance.
- Govt. Service tax 3.09%
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1 : Guwahati- Shillong (120 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Arrive Guwahati by air. Meet our staff and proceed to Shillong. Check into hotel on arrival. Evening time permitting visit Police Bazaar - Shillong’s prime location where the wares on sale range from electronics to traditional handicraft, modern clothing to handloom items, vegetables and traditional spices etc. Walk around local market. Overnight.
Day 2 : Shillong – Day Trip To Cherrapunjee (56 Kms / 2 ½ Hrs)
- After breakfast drive to Shillong Peak, one of the highest points in the whole of Meghalaya plateau. Later drive to Cherrapunjee one of the highest rainfall area in the world and visit the Thankharang Park (from where one can see the plains of Bangladesh), Seven Sisters fall, Nohkalikai fall, Mawsmai Cave. Return to Shillong; En-route visit Elephant fall.
- Cherrapunjee, locally and officially known as Sohra, is 56 kms from Shillong, and a “must see” destination for all tourists. Apart from being the record holder for the heaviest rainfall, it was the headquarters of the Khasi/Jaintia province during British rule which was however shifted to Shillong in 1864, due to the inconvenience caused by excessive rain during the monsoon months. The average rainfall is 12,000 mm a year and the record for a single day was 2455 mm recorded in 1974 confirming it as the “Wettest place on Earth”.
Day 3 : Shillong – Guwahati Airport Transfer (120 Kms / 3 Hrs)
After breakfast, transfer to Guwahtai Airport for onward journey.
Executive Special Rooms
Executive Classic Room
Club Executive Room
Club Deluxe Room
Hotel Centre Point (3 star)
Police Bazar (Khyndailad) - 793001, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.