Darjeeling is one of the most magnificent hill resorts in the world. This heavenly retreat is bathed in hues of every shade. Darjeeling as known as the QUEEN OF HILL STATIONS. Gangtok is a cosmopolitan town which offers the tourist all possible amenities.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Tara Palace Hotel
- Return airport transfer from NJP railway station or Bagdogra Airport.
- All transfers and sightseeings by non AC vehicle as per itinerary
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01: Bagdogra/njp - Darjeeling 93 Kms / 3 Hours Approx.
- Assistance at the airport/railway station on arrival and drive to Darjeeling. DARJEELING:
- Standing high in the Himalayas at an altitude of 2134m, ‘Dorje Ling’, or place of the Thunderbolt, offers breathtaking views of snow-capped mountain peaks, with the Kanchendzonga rising higher than all the others. Often referred to as the “Queen of the Hills”, it remains just as alluring with its tiny waterfalls, little villages and a narrow gauge railway track. Surrounded by World Famous Tea Gardens and snow capped mountains, Darjeeling remains one of the most exotic destinations. Graeme Westlake in his book ‘An introduction to hill stations on India’ refers to Darjeeling as having “A view Scarcely Unrivalled on Earth”. Overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Darjeeling
- Early morning visit Tiger Hill to see a beautiful sunrise and Himalayan Range like Kanchandzonga, Mount Everest etc. One can see the horizon changing colors just before sunrise and then the entire Himalayan range turn golden. It is truly a majestic sight and Ghoom Monastery which is oldest Monastery in the area which was built in 1875 and one can see the image of Mythey Buddha 15ft. height on the way back from Tiger Hill.
- Breakfast at the hotel and proceed for city tour visiting Himalayan Mountaineering Institute(closed on Thursday) which was started by Tenzing Norgay after he climbed Mt. Everest, Zoological Park(closed on Thursday), Tibetan Refugee Centre(closed on Sunday), Tenzing Rock, Gombu Rock and Happy Valley Tea Estate (from outside). Overnight at hotel.
Things to see and do
Tiger Hill is famous for its panoramic view of Mount Everest and Mt. Kangchenjunga together.The first rays of the sun shoot ahead and shed light on the twin peaks of ...
Ghoom Monastery is also known as Yogachoeling Gompa. It is located in a place called Ghoom in Darjeeling, hence the name Ghoom Gompa. It was in the year 1875 that a Mongolian ...
The HMI is one of the oldest mountaineering institutes of the country and has played a pivotal role in training mountaineers across the country. The institute is situated on ...
Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park is a 67.56-acre zoo in the town of Darjeeling in the Indian state of West Bengal. The zoo was opened in 1958, and an average elevation ...
This complex was setup by the Tibetan refugees in Darjeeling on October 2, 1959 after they followed Dalai Lama and escaped from Tibet. The refugees adopted the principle of ...
Day 03: Darjeeling – Gangtok 98 Kms 4 Hours Approx.
- Breakfast at the hotel and drive to Gangtok. GANGTOK:
- At an altitude of 1750m, Gangtok became the state capital in the mid 19th century and has undergone rapid development since then.The downtown area is dominated by huge government buildings decorated with traditional Buddhist symbols. Gangtok is also a resting ground for people traveling to North Sikkim. Surrounded by Monasteries and Orchids, Gangtok is truly a travellers delight. Overnight at hotel.
Travel from Darjeeling to Gangtok
Day 04: Gangtok.
Things to see and do
Rumtek Monastery also called the Dharmachakra Centre, is a gompa located in the Indian state of Sikkim near the capital Gangtok. It is a focal point for the sectarian tensions...
The most prestigious research institute of its kind in the world, NIT is a treasure of vast collection of rare Lepcha, Tibetan and Sanskrit manuscripts, statues and rare ...
Directorate of Handicrafts & Handlooms, also known as the Government Institute of Cottage Industries, was established in 1957. Located at a distance of half km from the main ...
Day 05: Gangtok
Things to see and do
The Tsomgo lake in Sikkim is a holy lake worshipped by the Sikkimese. Tsomgo (Changu) lake, which is hardly 20 km away from the famous Nathula Pass and about 400 km from Lhasa...
The temple lies on the road between the Nathula and the Jelepla Pass and is visited by hundreds of people each day. The temple is believed to have wish-fulfilling powers and ...
Day 06: Gangtok – Bagdogra/njp 125 Kms 4 Hours Approx
Central Nirvana (3 star)
C.R. Das Road, Below Chowrasta (The Mall) Darjeeling - 734101, Darjeeling
Tara Palace Hotel (5 star)
Nam Nang Rd, Gangtok, Sikkim 737101, Gangtok
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.