Bodh Gaya is a religious site and place of pilgrimage associated with the Mahabodhi Temple Complex in Gaya district in the Indian state of Bihar. It is famous as it is the place where Gautama Buddha is said to have obtained Enlightenment.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Bodhgaya - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
The Royal Residency
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- All transfers and sightseeing by AC taxis of the kind Indica / Indigo / Tata Sumo / Similar taxi
- The taxis would cover the area as per the defined itinerary. The vehicle will not be at disposal for anything else
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 01 : Arrival At Bodh Gaya
- Pick up at Airport / Railway Station on arrival at Bodh Gaya / Gaya.
- Visit Vishnupad Temple for carrying out the rituals related to Pind Daan / Pitru Shraadh. Vishnupad Temple is sacred among Hindus and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The city has developed around the temple. According to believers and religious texts, the footprints inside the temple are those of Lord Vishnu. As per the Gaya Mahatam mentioned in holy text Vayupuran, anyone who performs rituals here would find salvation. The Pind Daan done at Gaya is also considered a personal way to make offerings on foot prints of Lord Vishnu, thus ensuring all departed souls of our ancestors rest in peace permanently. The temple is built in Shikhara style and is very old. It was again reconstructed in the year 1787, by Ahilya Bai Holkar.
- The temple complex is quite big and houses many images of different Gods and Goddesses. There are many other shrines in and around the temple. Another important temple is of Lord Narsimha, the god which according to Hindu mythology was a man-lion incarnation of Lord Vishnu. The temple and statue is intricately carved and designed and is a major tourist attraction at Gaya.
- Religious rituals are also carried out at Akshayabat and Falgu River. Akshayabat is located in the compound of Vishnupad temple. Akshyavat is a banyan tree, which is believed to be blessed by Sita (wife of Lord Ram) to become immortal and remain green throughout the year.
- After completing the worship, we will leave for hotel for overnight stay.
Day 02 : After Completing This Visit Leave For Airport / Railway Station For Return Journey
- After breakfast, visit important sites related to Lord Buddha at Bodh Gaya.
- According to Buddhist traditions, circa 500 BC Prince Gautama Siddhartha, wandering as an ascetic, reached the banks of the river Falgu, near the city of Gaya. There he sat in meditation under a bodhi tree (Ficus religiosa). After three days and three nights of meditation, Siddhartha attained enlightenment and thus became Lord Buddha. He then spent seven weeks at seven different spots in the vicinity meditating and considering his experience.
- The Mahabodhi temple is located in the east adjacent to the original Bodhi tree. It actually stands on the temple erected by Emperor Ashoka and rises in the form of pyramidal spire till it reaches its neck, which is cylindrical in shape. Several Buddhist temples and monasteries have been built by the people of Bhutan, China, Japan, Myanmar, Nepal, Sikkim, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tibet and Vietnam in a wide area around the Mahabodhi Temple.
- After completing this visit, we leave for Airport / Railway Station for return journey.
The Royal Residency (4 star)
Domuhan Road, Bodhgaya, Bihar, Bodhgaya, Bihar 824231, Bodhgaya
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.