Colombo is the beautiful, vibrant and cosmopolitan capital of lovely Sri Lanka, and is a unique blend between the old and the new. Bustling with commerce, the city also has delightful oases of calm and serenity everywhere. One of the most popular world travel destinations, Colombo attracts millions of visitors each year on holidays and vacations.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Rani Beach Resort
Hotel Travellers Nest
|Nuwara Eliya||2 night(s)||
Stamford Star Hotel
Hotel Sunhill - Mount Lavinia
- All taxes
- Transfers and sightseeing in private AC vehicles with English Speaking Chauffeur Guide/ National Guide for 9 pax and above
- Limited Seats for Airlines from all mentioned sectors for daily departure. Please check with us with regards to availability before final confirmation
- Airfare and ticket taxes
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrive Colombo – Negombo (20 Minutes)
Day 02 : Negombo To Chilaw - Kandy (4 Hours)
- Legend– Lord Rama after his victorious battle left for Ayodhya in one of King Ravana's Vimanas. He felt he was being followed by Bramahathi Dosham as he killed King Ravan who was a Brahmin. He stopped the vimana at this juncture because he felt at this place the "BramahathiDosham"was not following him. He descended from the Vimana and asked god Shiva for a remedy and was asked to install and pray four lingams in Manvari, Thirukoneshvaram, Thiruketheeshwaram, and Rameshwaram in India, as the only remedy to get rid of the Dosham.
- Continue to Kandy. En-route visit Pinnawala Elephant orphanage which shelters more than 70 orphaned elephants and visit Herbal Garden.In the evening visit Dalada Maligai, the Sacred Tooth Relic (Dalada) of Lord Buddha that is the most venerated object of worship for Buddhists and later witness spectacular dance performances (Cultural show). Overnight in Kandy.
Things to see and do
The Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage was started in 1975 by the Department of Wildlife on a twenty five acre coconut property on the Maha Oya river at Rambukkana. The orphanage ...
Travel from Negombo to Kandy
Day 03 : Kandy To Nuwara Eliya (2.5 Hours)
Things to see and do
The drive up to Nuwara Eliya is a long and, as always a bumpy one.The hills get higher and higher. Srilanka is the world's fourth largest producer of tea and the industry is ...
This place is known where Lord Hanuman had rested on his way to search for Sita Maa. The view from the temple top is breath taking. It is on the way to Nuwara eliya ....
Travel from Kandy to Nuwara Eliya
Day 04 : Nuwaraeliy – ( Sightseeing And Leisure )
- After breakfast visit Seetha Amman temple Ashoka Vathika and Huggala Botanical garden ( optional). Legend – Sita Amman The stream that runs from the hill, catered to the needs of Sitadevi during her stay at Ashok Vatika. She is said to have bathed in this stream. About a century ago of three idols were discovered in the stream, one of which was that of Sita. It is believed that the idols have been worshipped at this spot for centuries. Now there is temple for Lord Rama, Sitadevi, Luxshmana, and Hanuman by the side of this stream. It is interesting to note that foot prints akin to Lord Hanuman's are found by this river and some are of small size and some are of large size, which tells us of the immense powers of hanuman transforming himself into any size.
- Legend - Divurumpola This is the place where Seetha Devi underwent Agni Pariksha (Test). It is a popular place of worship among locals in this area. Dirumpola means "place of oath in Singhala. The legal system permits and accepts the searing done at this temple while settling disputes between parties
- Visit Gayathri Peedam on your way back. The Gayathri Cathedral also known as Sri-Lankatheeswarar Temple which he built is situated in in an area where Swamiji fondly identify as Sri-Nagar which means the Metropolis of Prosperity, at Lady McCallum Drive Nuvareliya a Colonial township known as the "Little England" for it's breezy atmosphere to the outside world and the Islanders. Nuvaraeliya is a mountainous town situated above 7000 Ft. above Sea level at the central province in the island built around an chilly lake surrounded by lush Tea gardens, abundant vegetable cultivation, stunning water-falls and Virgin woodland. In the evening Back to hotel. Overnight in Nuwara Eliya.
Things to see and do
Ashok Vatika was a garden in Lanka, the Kingdom of demon king, Ravana, as mentioned in the Vishnu Purana and Hindu epic, Ramayana of Valmiki, and all subsequent versions, ...
Day 05 : Nuwara Eliya To Colombo (5 Hours)
- After breakfast, proceed to Colombo. Legend- This is the first Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka and also the only Panchamuga (five faced) Anjaneyar Temple in Sri Lanka. Its the only temple in the world to have a chariot for Ajanyear. The chariot festival is held annually end Dec/ beginning of January. Hanuman's mother is Anjan. Hanuman is known as Anjan + Aiyar = Anjaneyar in South India (Hamuman in North India).
- Legend – Kelaniya Temple. After King Ravana's death, Vibeeshana was coroneted as King of Lanka by Lakshmana at Kelaniya. There are murals enshrined outside the Buddhist temple depicting the crowning of Vibeeshana. The Kelani River is mentioned in the Valmiki Ramayana and Vibeeshana palace was said to be on the banks of this river. The reason Lakshmana crowned Vibeeshana, was because Rama had to return to India as he had to continue his self-exile of 14 years to honour the commitment to his father, King Dasarath of Ajodhya. There exists as Buddhist temple and shrine for King Vibeeshana. Vibeeshana is considered one of the four guardian deities of Sri Lanka, and temples for Vibeeshana are found throughout Sri Lanka. A painting of Kind Vibeeshana adorns the new Parliament of Sri Lanka. In fact there are no temples dedicated for Ravana, but many exist for Vibeeshana; this goes to prove that his stand towards dharma & justice made people to revere him as a god in Sri Lanka. King Vibeeshana was considered a fair king, as he supported Rama against his own brother's injustice. Many devotees that visit king Vibeeshana's shrine pray to him asking his intervention to a fair recourse to their problems. Colombo is like many capital cities in developing countries this is fast changing its face. Almost overnight, skyscrapers arise from where old buildings once stood. Yet in some parts, the old world charm is retained with several British built colonial buildings, a Hindu and a Buddhist temple, residential areas where you find the stately homes of the affluent, the Bandaranaike Memorial International Conference Hall (BMICH) - an outright gift to Sri Lanka from the People's Republic of China. In the evening, you have time free for shopping; visit House of Fashion, Odel Dress Boutique, Majestic City, Noritake Ceramic ware showroom and local souvenir shops. Overnight stay in Colombo.
Things to see and do
Travel from Nuwara Eliya to Colombo
Day 06 : Colombo – Airport ( 1hr)
Rani Beach Resort (3 star)
315 Lewis Place, Negombo Beach, Negombo
Hotel Travellers Nest (3 star)
117/4/1/1 Anagarika Dharmapala Mawatha(Opp Buwelikada Fuel Station), 20000 Kandy, Sri Lanka, Kandy
Stamford Star Hotel (3 star)
No.120. Badulla Road, Nuwaraeliya, Sri Lanka., Nuwara Eliya
Hotel Sunhill - Mount Lavinia (3 star)
38, Station Road - 10370, Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.