South Africa is one of the most geographically varied countries of the African continent, comprising territory that ranges from the rolling, fertile plains of the highveld and the wide open savanna of the Eastern Transvaal to the Kalahari desert and the peaks of the Drakensberg Mountains. While all of its diverse regions offer ample opportunities for adventure travel, the focus in South Africa as in much of sub-Saharan Africa is the safari.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Cape Town||4 night(s)||
Protea Hotel President
Pearl Of Oudtshoorn Hotel
Knysna Log Inn
|Sun City||1 night(s)||
The Sun City Hotel
|Mabula Game Reserve||1 night(s)||
Mabula Game Lodge
Holiday Inn Johannesburg Rosebank Hotel
- Meet and Greet Representation at the Airport
- Full day Cape Peninsula & a half-day Mother City Tour in Cape Town.
- All transfers & sightseeing on Seat-in-a-coach basis in an air conditioned luxury vehicle.
- Day visit to Cango Caves and Wildlife Ranch, Ostrich Farm and a cruise on the vast Knysna Lagoon.
- All entrance fees as per the itinerary with Table Mountain Cable car ride.
- Game drives at Addo elephant National Park /at Kuzuko /Kwantu Private Game reserve
- English Driver / Guide or separate Driver & Guide in-case of vehicles bigger than Quantum / small Sprinters
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival At Cape Town
- Upon arrival at Cape Town International Airport, a Travcare representative meets you for a transfer to your pre-booked hotel.
- Cape Town is one of the most popular long haul destinations in the world. Due to its unique topography, it is also one of the easiest places in which to orientate oneself as long as you remember that with Table Mountain behind you and Robben Island before you - you are facing north, looking across Table Bay and up the west coast of Africa. Overnight stay at hotel.
Day 2: Cape Town City Tour
- After breakfast leave on a half-day Mother City tour. You will go for a scenic coastal drive through Clifton, Sea Point and later tour
- passes the Houses of Parliament, the Castle, the SA Museum, and a few other historical sights – District Six, Bo-Kaap, Slave Lodge and ending at the bustling green market square. A cable car ride, takes you up the Table Mountain (weather permitting otherwise Signal Hill) for breathtaking view over the city (entrance is included). Return to your hotel for overnight stay.
Things to see and do
The Slave Lodge is one of the oldest buildings in Cape Town. The many names of the building over three centuries - Slave Lodge, Government Offices Building, Old Supreme ...
The Bo-Kaap is an area of Cape Town, South Africa formerly known as the Malay Quarter. It is quintessentially a Township, situated on the slopes of Signal Hill above the city ...
Day 3: Cape Town To Peninsula Tour
Day 4: Cape Town
Day 5: Cape Town To Oudtshoorn
- After breakfast leave for Oudtshoorn. It is known as the ‘Feather Capital of the World’ thanks to its huge
- ostrich industry.
- On way you will visit a crocodile Park where you have opportunity to take
- pictures with Cheetah. In Oudtshoorn you go underground to marvel at the icy
- formations in the Cango Caves, regarded as one of South Africa’s most
- spectacular natural wonders. Overnight stay at hotel.
Travel from Cape Town to Oudtshoorn
Day 6: Oudtshoorn To Knysna
- After breakfast you will transfer to Knysna and go on a cruise on the vast Knysna Lagoon.
- Enjoy an amazing view of the imposing sandstone ‘Heads’ which guard the sea
- entrance to Knysna’s huge tidal lagoon, and the forests, marshes and pristine
- beaches surrounding it. After lunch (own account) spend the rest of the day
- discovering the joys of the town’s many art galleries, craft shops and coffee
- bars. Overnight stay at hotel.
Travel from Oudtshoorn to Knysna
Bus via Knysna
Day 7: Knysna To George -johannesburg To Sun City
- After breakfast transfer to George airport to board a flight to Joburg. Arrive and transfer to Sun City.
- The Sun City complex is surrounded by two championship golf courses,
- numerous swimming pools and a huge man made lake offering various water
- sports. Optional activities include Hot Air Ballooning. Enjoy lunch at the Raj
- Indian Restaurant (own account). Then you could relax at the Valley of the
- Waves, or take a walk through the gardens of the Lost City. This magical city
- knows no limits - you have the chance to win a fortune at the Casino and
- Entertainment Centre, there are lavish extravaganzas and a multitude of
- restaurants to cater for every taste. Overnight stay at hotel.
Travel from Knysna to Sun City
Bus, fly to Asyut, travel
Day 8: Sun City To Mabula Game Reserve
- After breakfast you will transfer to Mabula Game reserve.
- Arrive and check in at Mabula Lodge.
- Later in the afternoon you will enjoy game drive. Overnight stay at the lodge.
Travel from Sun City to Mabula Game Reserve
Travel to Asyut, fly to Johannesburg, bus, taxi
Travel to Asyut, fly to Sun City, drive
Day 9: Pilanesberg To Johannesburg
- Early morning you will leave for game drive. After breakfast transfer to Johannesburg.
- On arrival you leave for a Gold Reef City tour. (Closed on Mondays and
- Where you will see reconstruction of Johannesburg during the Gold Rush era,
- built around a mine. Activities include a Victorian fun fair, miners' houses,
- brewery, pubs, restaurants and stock exchange. You can watch molten gold
- being poured and take a trip down an old mine shaft. Tribal dancing adds to
- the fun.
- After the tour you check in the hotel. Overnight stay at hotel.
Travel from Mabula Game Reserve to Johannesburg
Taxi, bus, train
Day 10: Departure
Protea Hotel President (4 star)
4 Alexander Road, Cape Town
Pearl Of Oudtshoorn Hotel (3 star)
Corner of Baron van Rheede Street & Van der Riet Street, 6620 Oudtshoorn, South Africa, Oudtshoorn
Knysna Log Inn (4 star)
16 Grey Street, Knysna
The Sun City Hotel (4 star)
District Mankwe, Pilanesberg National Park North West, South Africa,, Sun City
Mabula Game Lodge (4 star)
Rhensoterhoek spruit Road, Mabula Game Reserve
Holiday Inn Johannesburg Rosebank Hotel (3 star)
The Zone,Oxford Road, Rosebank, Johannesburg
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.