Stok Khangri stands very close to Leh and is named after the Stok village. Easy to climb from the north side/ The shortest time required is 4-5 days. One should have enough time to acclimatize in Leh before Climbing Stok Khangri.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Leh - Non AC vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Leh||4 night(s)||Stay in camps/tents||Room only|
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- Two men tent, Kitchen and dinning tents.
- Kitchen equipments and Toilet Tent.
- Stool, Table and mattresses.
- Cook, helper and Mountaineering guide.
- Innerline permit, wild life fees and camping charges.
- Indian Mountaineering Climbing charges.
- Climbing Equipments i.e Rope, Ice Axe and Crampon.
* Prices mentioned are for per person on twin sharing basis (minimum 2 people staying together)
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Leh To Stok To Mankarmo
Morning drive to Stok village is about 15 kms from Leh. Start walking from the trekking point along the stream. It is long and cumbersome walk through the valley. There are many shepherd camps in the different entrances of the sub valleys. The Mankarmo Camp is at the point from where the valley turns southward. It is possible to trek up to the first base camp in a day, but to get acclimatized it is recommended to make it in two days. The Camp at Mankarmo is on the river bed. There are no toilet facilities.
Day 2: Mankarmo To Base Camp
Keep walking in the same direction for around 30 minutes and then head towards southward. It involves crossing the stream at several points during the forward march. You reach at the camp after vertical ascent. Take care of your food and cloths from animal around. Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 3: Spare Or Acclamatization Day
Full rest for acclimatization or Spare in case of bad weather. Today you can also walk up to the advance base camp for acclimatization. The trail leads you towards west and then southward from the top of the hill. You will be passing through a few glaciers before you reach the advance base camp from where you start crossing the glacier. Overnight stay at Camp.
Day 4: Base Camp To Summit To Base Camp
Keep your torch and other climbing gears ready before you set off early morning around at least by 4 AM so that you get in time at the advance base camp and then wait till the day breaks for enough light to do the climbing. Start crossing the glacier towards south-east and then climb the peak to the western side. There are two ways to go up, one from the right side of the glacier, which is more technical and on the left side trail is easier having steps of rocks to do the summit. You can follow the same route back to the camp.
Day 5: Base Camp To Stok To Leh
Morning after the breakfast walk down to Stok and drive to Leh.
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Date of booking to 30 days before travel the cancellation charges will be 10% of the tour cost
- 30 to 15 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 50% of the tour cost
- 15 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 75% of the tour cost
- 0 to 7 days before travel - cancellation charges will be 100% of the tour cost. No refund shall be given
- Please note cancellation policy is subject to change. It depends on the hotel policy. In peak season, some hotels may charge 100% cancellation.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.