The Kaziranga National Park and the Nameri National Park are one of the best attractions to the wildlife lovers.We, for the first time to enhance your experience , we move on foot to such many undisturbed areas where wilderness experience is at its very best. This is in addition to the traditional jeep safaris and elephant rides .
Car DetailsRoad transport from Guwahati - Air Conditioned Toyota Innovas
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Diphlu River Lodge
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 1: Arrive Guwahati / Jorhat – Kaziranga (230 Kms / 5 Hrs Or 110 Kms / 3 Hrs)
- Meet and drive to Kaziranga National Park. Check into Diphlu River Lodge on arrival. Evening go for a leisure walk in the banks of River Diphlu near your lodge. Dinner and overnight.
- (The Diphlu River Lodge)
Day 2: Kaziranga National Park
- Early morning enter the National Park on Elephant back. With packed breakfast, go for an
- open jeep safari inside the park (central range). Return to lodge in time for lunch. After lunch we will go for a jeep safari in the little visited Eastern Range of the National Park, good for its bird life due to a number of water bodies in this range. Later, return to Lodge. Evening enjoy a traditional dance. (The Diphlu River Lodge)
Day 3: Kaziranga National Park – Nameri National Park
- Early morning go for another elephant ride inside the park. After breakfast you will be transferred to Nameri National Park. Check into your tents. After lunch at the camp, we set out on foot to discover a picturesque Mishing village nearby. In the evening blend in to the music and dance performance by a tribal troupe in the camp. Dinner and overnight in the camp.
- Mishing are the riverine plain tribes of Assam which is the second largest group of scheduled tribe of the state. As a riverine tribe they construct their houses on stilts about five feet from the ground which is about 30 – 40 meter on length. Linguistically Mishing people belong to Tibeto – Burman sub group.
- (Jungle Camp at Nameri )
Day 4: Nameri National Park
- We will leave our camps early in the morning, board a paddle boat that will take you to the other side of River Jia Bhorelli. Disembark to take a short walk to the Potasali forest camp. Breakfast at the camp. After breakfast we will carry on for a jungle walk stopping
- at a couple of watch towers. This trek generally takes 2 hours but we are flexible to extend it depending upon your interest in bird-watching.
- Return to the forest camp for lunch. Later resume walk (approx 1 hour, longer for avid birdwatchers) from Potasali Camp to Oubari Camp and Moniram Beel (water body) for a chance sighting of the rare and endangered White Winged Wood duck. Backtrack and
- divert to Korua Beel (about another 25 minutes walk), a point where one may have possibilities of sighting Gaur, Elephants, Flying squirrels and Deer. Return to Potasali camp, cross river by dugout and back to our tented cottages by evening for dinner and overnight stay. ( Jungle Camp at Nameri)
Day 5: Nameri National Park – Kaziranga National Park
- Today we offer our guests two different options, river rafting on the Jia Bhoreli River or a jungle walk in a nearby forest. We can go for a river rafting by rubber boats on the quiet and serene Jia Bhoreli River flowing through the Nameri national Park with great views of the forest and the not-sodistant mountains. This route is around 18 Kms and takes around 2-3 hrs.For those not going for rafting can opt for a guided walking safari in the Mekahi Mound to a rest point by the river back to our cottages. This walk is through scrubland and paddy fields. Beside the beautiful forest, the main attraction on this walk is the many birds that
- one can encounter during the walk. We will return to the camp for lunch.
- Post lunch, drive back to the Diphlu River Lodge in Kaziranga National Park. This evening we will relax in the lodge, discussing our day’s adventures. Dinner and overnight.
- (The Diphlu River Lodge)
Day 6: Kaziranga National Park
- After breakfast we will drive for about an hour to go to the old Silghat River Port by the mighty Brahmaputra River for a Dolphin Boat Safari. A motorized country boat will first take you to Hatimurah temple (10th Century AD) located on top of a hill. There after you will sail downstream in a country boat to Bhorelli - Brahmaputra river confluence to spot river Dolphins. After the boat ride we will drive a short distance to visit a tea estate where
- we will have our lunch. Post lunch we will drive to the Burrapahar range of Kaziranga National Park for a jungle walk accompanied by the forest ranger and our naturalist. This range comprises of both thick forests and grassland. Sightings of the Malayan Giant Squirrel has been reported in this section of the National Park and the other attractions are Pied Kingfishers, River Lapwings,
- Grey-headed Canary Flycatcher, Black-hooded Oriole, White-rumped Shama and many other birds as well as Asiatic Water Buffaloes and the Rhinos. There are plenty of butterflies also in this part of the park (The Diphlu River Lodge)
Day 7: Kaziranga National Park – Guwahati Or Jorhat
After a leisurely breakfast we leave for the airport either in Guwahati or Jorhat to board a flight for onward journey.
Diphlu River Lodge
Kuthuri Near Bagori Police Outpost, Kaziranga
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.