Tucked away in the cradle of the Himalayas Bhutan is often called the Land of the Thunder Dragon. Also known for introducing the concept of Gross National Happiness or GNH to the world, Bhutan has become the must visit destination for all.
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
|Thimphu||3 night(s)||Room only|
- Sightseeing with a specialized cultural representative
- 20% discount on laundry
- 10% discount on beverages
- One River side/or Botanical Garden picnic. This is applicable on the day excursion trip to Punakha.
- Currently applicable taxes
Day Wise Itinerary
Day 01 : Arrival At Paro And Transfer To Thimphu
- Welcome to Paro. The last 15 minutes or so is amazing with snow covered peaks jutting majestically out
- of the clouds and then mountains either side as Druk Air zooms down the valley getting lower and lower
- and closer to the airport. On the view are settlements on the ground, the bare paddy fields, the
- meandering tracks, the river and streams, the trees and finally the town of Paro and the International
Day 02 : Thimpu Sightseeing
- After breakfast, sightseeing in Thimphu valley including visit to the following: the National
- Library, housing an extensive collection of priceless Buddhist manuscripts; the Institute for Zorig Chusum ( commonly known as the Painting School) where students undergo a 6-year training course in Bhutan's
- 13 traditional arts and crafts. Later visit Textile and Folk Heritage Museum, a fascinating testimony of
- the Bhutanese material culture and living traditions. Then, visit the government-run Handicrafts
- Emporium and local crafts shops, to browse through example of Bhutan's fine traditional arts. Here you
- can buy hand-woven textiles, thangkha paintings, masks, ceramics, slate and wood carvings, jewelry,
- interesting items made from local materials
Things to see and do
The Bhutan Textile Museum or the National Textile Museum is a national textiles museum in Thimphu, Bhutan, located near the National Library of Bhutan. It is operated by the ...
The National Folk Heritage Museum, located behind the National Library. A traditional house that showcases rural life. Exhibits and cultural shows are held in the museum ...
Day 03 :day Excursion To Punaka
- After early breakfast, drive up to Dochu-la pass (3,088m/ 10,130 ft) stopping briefly here to take in the
- view and admire the chorten, mani wall, and prayer flags which decorate the highest point on the road.
- If skies are clear, numerous peaks can be seen from this pass.
Day 04 : Thimpu To Paro
- The beautiful valley of Paro encapsulates within itself a rich culture, scenic beauty and hundreds of
- myths and legends. It is home to many of Bhutan's oldest temples and monasteries, National Museum
- and country's only airport. Mount. Chomolhari (7,314m) reigns in white glory at the northern end of the
- valley and its glacial water plunge through deep gorges to form Pa Chhu (Paro river). Paro is also one of
- the most fertile valleys in the Kingdom producing a bulk of the locally famous red rice from its terraced
Travel from Thimphu to Paro
Day 05 : Departure From Paro
Hotel Drukchen (4 star)
Khangkhu, Paro, Bhutan, Paro
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.