Perched on a hill, the Bhubaneswari temple is one of the most important tourist attractions in Guwahati. Dedicated to Goddess Bhubaneswari, this temple is set in beautiful surroundings and provides a beautiful view of the city of Guwahati. Shillong has long been a favoured popular tourist destination given its natural beauty and pleasant weather and there are many places of interest here.
Car DetailsRoad transport from Guwahati - AC Vehicle
Hotel DetailsHotel options available in the package
|Destination||Nights||Hotel and Room||Meals|
Hotel Centre Point
Sightseeing and TransfersOther inclusions available in the package
- All transfers and sightseeing using 01 AC Innova inclusive of fuel and driver’s allowance.
- Govt. Service tax 3.09%
Day Wise Itinerary
Here is how you will spend your time
Day 01 : Guwahati
- Arrive Guwahati by air. Meet and assist by JTI (JungletravelsIndia) staff. Proceed to Kamakhya Temple, the Shakti Temple of mother Goddess Kamakhya situated on the top of Nilachal Hills, overlooking the river Brahmaputra. We will also visit Bhubaneswari Temple at the hill top. Later check into a hotel. Post lunch take a one hour cruise on the river Brahmaputra. Evening time permitting, visit emporia and market. Overnight.
- Note: River cruise is subject to river conditions.
Day 02 : Guwahati – Shillong (120 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Arrive Guwahati by Train. Meet and assist by our Driver and proceed to Shillong. Check into hotel on arrival. Evening time permitting visit Barra Bazaar - Shillong’s prime location where the wares on sale range from electronics to traditional handicraft, modern clothing to handloom items, vegetables and traditional spices etc. Walk around local market. Overnight.
Travel from Guwahati to Shillong
Day 03 : Shillong – Day Trip Cherrapunjee (56 Kms / 2 ½ Hrs)
- After breakfast drive to Shillong Peak, one of the highest points in the whole of Meghalaya plateau. Later drive to Cherrapunjee one of the highest rainfall area in the world and visit the Thankharang Park (from where one can see the plains of Bangladesh), Seven Sisters fall, Nohkalikai fall, Mawsmai Cave. Return to Shillong; En-route visit Elephant fall.
- Cherrapunjee, locally and officially known as Sohra, is 56 kms from Shillong, and a “must see” destination for all tourists. Apart from being the record holder for the heaviest rainfall, it was the headquarters of the Khasi/Jaintia province during British rule which was however shifted to Shillong in 1864, due to the inconvenience caused by excessive rain during the monsoon months. The average rainfall is 12,000 mm a year and the record for a single day was 2455 mm recorded in 1974 confirming it as the “Wettest place on Earth”.
Day 04 : Shillong – Day Trip To Mawlynnong (90 Kms / 3 Hrs)
- After breakfast drive to Mawlynnong village, considered to be the cleanest village of India. The route to the village is through the winding roads and panoramic views traveling amidst the clouds in the Shillong plateau. On arrival, start trekking to see the living root bridge found here (about 400 meters from the roadside). After the trek ends, we will take a walk around the village and explore the lifestyle of the people of the village. Return to Shillong.
- Living Root Bridge is one of the most extraordinary pieces of art and engineering work done by human and nature as a team. As an old tradition Khasi's have been growing / creating living root bridges to cross the rivers. Khasis used/use Rubber Plants (Ficus Elastica) for it as the tree grows m any secondary roots.
Day 05 : Shillong – Guwahati (120 Kms / 3 Hrs)
Early morning transfer to Guwahati Airport for onward journey.
Hotel Centre Point (3 star)
Police Bazar (Khyndailad) - 793001, Shillong
- The package once booked is refundable and cancellable.
- Flight cancellation will be as per airline cancellation policy.
- Hotel cancellation will be Free before 15 days of check-in.
- Cancellations or changes made 48 hours before arrival are subject to 1 night room charge and tax penalty.
- Price shown includes all taxes and fees.
- Check-in at hotel starts from 14:00 hrs.
- Check-out time is until 12:00 hrs.
- Early check-in or late check-out is subject to availability and may be chargeable by the hotel.
- Once your payment has been processed, we will send you an email confirmation.
- You will receive all travel vouchers required for your flights and accommodation shortly afterwards.