Day 1: Arrival At Delhi - Transfer To Kasauli
Upon arrival and meet and greet with our representative at Delhi Airport/Railway Station, we drive immediately to Kasauli. Located in Solan district, this cantonment and small hill station seems to belong to a time from the past - probably the glorious 19th century. The narrow roads of Kasauli (1951m) curve around and slither up and down the hillside and offer some magnificent vistas. Upon arrival in Kasauli, check in and get comfortable. Your day is free for leisurely activities. Overnight stay at hotel in Kasauli.
Day 2: Transfer To Shimla
After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to Shimla (80 kms / approx 2.5 hrs) . Enroute visit Pinjore Garden. On arrival, check in hotel and spend rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay in hotel in Shimla.
Day 3: Kufri Excursion - Shimla Local Sightseeing
- After a delicious breakast this morning, get ready to venture into Kufri - a haven for nature enthusiasts and wildlife lovers. With panoramic views of the Himalayas, steep hikes, adventure sports and quite a few fun and interesting sightseeing attractions, Kufri is a great place to unwind.
- Popular specially with trekkers, the splendid weather and stunning natural beauty make Kufri an ideal summer getaway. Interestingly, Kufri is also the venue for an annual winter sports festival held in February. With the oldest skiing slopes in Himachal Pradesh, Kufri is also famously referred to as a ski destination. Himalayan Nature Park in the outskirts is home to over 180 varieties of fauna.
- After, visit the famous Mall Road in Shimla. Also check out the pleasant small square Scandal Point and Jhakoo Temple. Return to your hotel and have a tasty dinner. Overnight stay at hotel in Shimla.
- Private vehicles do not have access to Jhakoo temple because of the location. The guests can take a shared taxi available on Mall Road and visit the temple. It’s advisable to visit the temple before it turns dark; hence the guests can first visit the temple and then spend time on the mall road.
Day 4: Transfer To Manali
- After breakfast, get ready to drive to Manali - one of the most popular hill stations in India situated at a height of 6260 ft above sea level. The exquisite River Beas flows through the town of Manali, creating a spellbinding landscape against the massive peaks of the valley. Upon arrival, check in to your hotel and get comfortable with your splendid surroundings. Your evening is free for leisure.
- Both an ancient site and a modern town, Manali is a fairyland dotted with a number of tourist attractions such as the Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley nearby. Whats more, it is flocked by honeymooners and family vacationers all through the year. It is also fast emerging as an adventure destination with activities such as zorbing, paragliding and white water rafting. Overnight stay at your hotel in Manali.
Day 5: Manali Local Sightseeing
- After breakfast, walk through Manali town visiting newly constructed Buddhist Monastery and the handicraft centre. Later, visit the 450 years old temple dedicated to Hadimba Devi, Jagatsukh and Vashist kund.
- Hadimba Devi Temple - is an ancient cave temple dedicated to Hidimbi Devi, wife of Bhima, a figure in the Indian epic Mahābhārata. The temple is surrounded by a cedar forest at the foot of the Himālayas.
- Vashisht, an extremely picturesque little place clinging to the steep hill side. On the way up to the village you come upon the Vashist hot baths where a natural sulphur spring is piped into a modern bath-house.
- Return to hotel by late afternoon. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day Excursion To Rohtang Pass (At Own Cost) And Solang Valley
- After an early breakfast, get ready to go on an excursion to the iconic tourist attraction in Himachal - Rohtang Pass. Enjoy a breathtaking drive through Snow Point on the road to Rohtang Pass (closed on Tuesdays). After a certain point, only vehicles with permit are allowed to proceed on Manali - Rohtang highway. You have to take the vehicle with permit (at your own cost) to travel further to Rohtang Pass.
- An iconic tourist attraction in Manali, Rohtang Pass (13,054 ft) is located on the watershed between the water basins of the Chenab River and the Beas River. Besides Lahaul and Spiti, Rohtang Pass also serves as the gateway to Pangi and the valley of Leh. Manali-Leh Highway, a part of NH 21, transverses Rohtang Pass. The Pass offers visitors beautiful sights of glaciers and mountain peaks such as Geypan and Lahaul Valley.
- Later, visit the famous Solang Valley. At 8500 ft above mean sea level, the preferred location for adventure activities in Himachal Pradesh, Solang Valley is a must-see for adrenaline junkies. You can choose to go parachuting paragliding, skating or zorbing (at own expense). Its lush forests, apple orchards, snowcapped peaks and rivers attract visitors as well. Also halt at Marhi, Rahala falls and Nehru Kund. By evening, return to your hotel in Manali and enjoy a lovely dinner. Overnight stay at hotel in Manali.
Day 7: Transfer To Dharamshala
- After breakfast, check out and hit the road to Dharamshala. Dalai Lama’s home and winter capital of Himachal Pradesh in the Kangra district, Dharamshala is exactly what it means - ‘rest house for pilgrims’. The high snowclad Dhauladhar ranges are an exquisite backdrop to the hill resort of Dharamsala. Look forward to views of numerous streams of clear water and dense pine & deodar forests trailing you all the way, cool clean air, beautiful surroundings and fantastic views of the mountain ranges.
- On the way, feel the cool breeze in your hair and take in the stunning, scenic sights around you. Upon arrival in Dharamshala, check in and get comfortable. Spend the evening in leisure. The peaceful hill town of Dharamshala is an ideal holiday destination that boasts fantastic views of the Dhauladhar mountain ranges, lush pine & deodar forests, fresh clean air and all kinds of fun for a winter holiday. Overnight stay at hotel in Dharamshala.
Day 8: Full Day Local Sightseeing In Dharamshala
After breakfast today, get ready for a local sightseeing tour of all the major attractions of Dharamshala. Visit and explore Dal Lake, Church, Bhagsu Nag Temple and Tibetan Monastery - all filled with natural beauty. After lunch, we embark on a visit to the famous Tibetan Medical Centre (where various ailments are treated using rare Tibetan medicines, and St. John Church, one of the oldest churches of the region. Some of the other places to visit include Kangra Art Museum, Tea Gardens and Kunal Pathri Temple. Overnight stay at hotel in Dharamshala.
Day 9: Transfers To Khajjiar - Sightseeing In Khajjiar
- After breakfast, check out from hotel & proceed to Khajjiar (130 kms / approx 4 hrs) often called India's Switzerland. Its one of the most scenic saucer shaped Plateau and is surrounded by dense pine and deodar forests. The exquisite glade of Khajjiar (1960m) has a circumference of about 5 km. Along its fringes, thick forests of deodar climb the slopes, the snow-line rests above these woods. On arrival check in at hotel.
- Later proceed for sightseeing by visiting the 12th century temple dedicated to KhajjI Nag. Within the temple are life size wooden images of the five Pandav brothers. It’s beauty has further been enhanced by a small lake in the center with a floating island and 9-hole golf course here are the other interesting places to cover. Overnight stay at Hotel.
Day 10: Transfer To Dalhousie
After breakfast, check out from your hotel and prepare for your transfer to Dalhousie via Kalatop Sanctuary. Upon arrival in Dalhousie, check in to your hotel. Overnight stay at hotel in Dalhousie.
Day 11: Local Full Day Sightseeing (Panchpula, Kalatop Wild Life Sanctuary)
After a delicious breakfast today, set out on a local sightseeing tour of Dalhousie. Visit the four beautiful churches in Dalhousie - St. Andrew's Church, St. Patrick's Church, St. Francis Church, and St. John's Church at Gandhi Chowk. Just a kilometer from Gandhi Chowk, visit Subhash Baoli - the enchanting spot surrounded by majestic trees where freedome fighter Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose supposedly spent time in 1937 contemplating and meditating. Head to Panchpula - a picturesque picnic spot where a stream feeds a series of pools. Finally, visit Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary - home to the 'ghoral' and Himalayan black bear. Overnight stay at your hotel in Dalhousie.
Day 12: Departure From Dalhousie To Delhi
After breakfast, check out from your hotel and hit the road to Delhi. Upon arrival, you will be transferred to the airport/railway station to board your flight/train back home. Your tour in Himachal has come to an end. Let the memories begin!