The Tara Devi Temple is situated at the top of a hill in Shimla and the lush green environs surrounding it give the temple a very peaceful and tranquil ...
Best Places for Art and Culture in Shimla
Here's a list of Best Places for Art and Culture in Shimla recommended by our experts:
From taking a dip in the beautiful lakes and natural springs at Chadwick Falls, going on a romantic stroll among plantations verdant with pine, rhododendron and deodar, to rooftop dinners with the best views of snow-clad Himalayas, and plenty of promise for adventure, Shimla has so much to offer. Located at about 2400 metres above sea level in the south west range of the Himalayas, Shimla is one of the most visited tourist destinations in India. With beautiful views of the deep and wooded forests and all its natural beauty splendour, the capital city of Himachal Pradesh was once a favourite summer retreat for the British. Incredibly famous for its unparalleled natural beauty and scenic terrains, Shimla is also home to many exquisite architectural marvels built during the time of British rule. The palaces and places of worship such as temples and churches are a testimony to the rich culture of the place and heritage of India. Kali Bari Temple is a popular tourist attraction dedicated to goddess Kali. 250-year old Tara Devi Temple is picturesque with beautiful views of the lofty Himalayas. Here is a definitive list of the best places to experience art and culture in Shimla:
The Mall of Shimla is the prime attraction for the tourists as it is the center to a large number of shops, restaurants, a heritage theater and above all a hub ...
Shimla Holiday Packages on Sale
The Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex is one of the testimonies of the historic British capital of India, designed by Henry Irwin. The 122 years old Cultural ...
Dedicated to Goddess Sholini, this is a very old and holy temple. The main attraction here besides the temple is the annual Shoolini fair which is celebrated ...
One of the largest and the oldest temples at Chamba stands proudly in the form of Lakshmi Narayan Temple. Housing six different temples in its complex, the ...
The Photo Art Gallery is a famous gallery where the beauty, culture, flora and fauna of the Himalayan state.The gallery has a collection of about 20,000 ...
State Museum in Shimla is the right place if you want to learn more about the history and culture of Himachal Pradesh. Located at the Mall road this colonial ...
Dorje Drag Monastery in Shimla is a famous tourist place in the city. It is a beautiful Buddhist monastery that displays the prevalence of Tibetan culture in ...
Top Places in Shimla
- Top things to do in Shimla
- Best places to enjoy nightlife in Shimla
- Must see places to visit for families in Shimla
- Top places where kids will enjoy in Shimla
- Best Italian restaurants in Shimla
- Places popular with Honeymooners in Shimla
- Popular activities for honeymooners in Shimla
- Quiet Romantic Places for Dining in Shimla
- Most popular vegetarian restaurants in Shimla
Top Hotels in Shimla
- Most Romantic Hotels in Shimla
- Popular kids friendly hotels in Shimla
- Recommended 5 star hotels in Shimla
- Recommended 3 star hotels in Shimla
- 3 star hotels that give you the best value for money in Shimla
- Best hotels to stay in Shimla
- Luxurious Hotels to Stay in Shimla
- Popular Villas to stay in Shimla
- Popular Heritage hotels to stay in Shimla